A mother is suing Apple and ten Apple Store employees after his 10-yo kid received second-degree burns: His pants caught on fire when an iPod touch exploded in his pants.
The iPod was turned off inside his pants when it popped, making him feel a "burning sensation." His pants were on fire, literally, the complaint says:
Plaintiff A.V. immediately ran to the bathroom and took off his burning pants with the assistance of a friend. On said date and at said time, the Apple iTouch had burned through Plaintiff A.V.'s pants pocket and melted through his nylon/spandex underwear, burning his leg.
Ars Technica thinks this may not be technically possible, since nylon melts at 374 degress Fahrenheit and there's no way the kid would have not noticed the increase on temperature. On the other side, they argue the explosion could have been violent enough to cause the fire without the kid noticing.