A lot of travel vaporizers look like something you whittled yourself (I'm looking at you, Launchbox). Thankfully, San Francisco-based Ploom has just released their newest mobile offering, the Pax. Simply put, I think I'm in love.
Quite possibly the world's most beautifully designed travel vape.
Toking aficionados who have outgrown DIY-looking smoking implements of their college years and don't want to carry a glass piece.
Stunning. I mean just look at it—like something the Apple store would sell. It's sleek, compact, and completely self-contained.
Super simple. Pack the heating tray on the bottom end, the mouthpiece pops out of the other end (which also turns the unit on), wait 45 seconds, then start inhaling.
The fact that it doesn't look like something you use to smoke weed.
The mouthpiece mechanism, which clicks in and out like a pen, could possibly get worn and wonky after extensive use.
There's apparently a secret "party mode" to be discovered as well.
- Pull the mouthpiece completely out to expose the heat selector button (low-medium-high). The LED on the front indicates which level you're on (yellow-orange-red).
- Turn on the Pax and shake it back and forth to see how much battery is left via the LED. Red is empty.
- The lithium-ion battery lasts about for about a day of normal usage, or roughly three hours of continuous operation on the highest heat setting—pretty good for something this small.
- Fit onto an included plug-in power stand, the unit takes one hour to recharge from a fully drained state.
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
Ploom Pax Specs
• Dimensions: 4 1/8 x 1.4 x 7/8 inches
• Weight: less than 1 pound
• Temp Range: 370 - 410 F
• Exterior: anodized Aluminum
• Interior: medical grade stainless steel
• Warranty: 10-year limited
• Price: $250
Big thanks to our friends at VaporExperts.com for helping us get a test unit in hand.