Samsung Factory Carbon Dioxide Leak Kills Worker

The Korean news agency Yonhap News reports that a carbon dioxide leak in a Samsung plant in southern Seoul has killed one of its workers.

A malfunction in the factory's fire safety systems incorrectly detected a fire and released carbon dioxide—killing a 52-year-old man working the area. It's not the first fatality in a Samsung plant of recent time: last year, a leaking tank of hydrofluoric acid killed a worker and injured four others. While Samsung apologized at the time, it did only land them a $1,000 fine.


Samsung has confirmed the latest accident and Police are investigating. [Yonhap News via Engadget]

Share This Story