60 million photos are taken on Instagram each day. Surely, you've taken a few yourself. For this week's Shooting Challenge, take a great Instagram photo—loaded with whatever filters you want—and share it with us.
Take a great photo on Instagram. Note the filter you used, because that's always fun to know.
I know, I know, you already know how to Instagram like a champ. That's fine. But, did you know that Instagram itself has all sorts of tutorials on how to use their tools to take better photos?
I didn't either! But check out this handy table of contents that's full of good stuff they've published on their blog, from how to shoot in traffic to how to dodge and burn like Ansel Adams. The content is downright inspirational, and it will point you to all sorts of mobile tools to try beyond Instagram itself. So if you have no idea what to photograph this week, start there.
Our lead image is from my own Instagram account. Judge it. Judge me. I don't care. I like how plain the whole scene is.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken the week this contest was announced.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
5. Include your Instagram photo in native resolution.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, April 28that 9AM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Instagram" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameInstagram.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameInstagramWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions.