If HBO Max’s Summer Camp Island were a person, it’d be the sort that understood how, as generally unpleasant as the winter months can be, they become much more enjoyable when you look at them as the precursors to spring, when the world will blossom open and the outdoors become wonderful again. Wintery as it may be in the Northern hemisphere right this moment, Summer Camp Island’s got its eye set on the future and its upcoming fifth season, which HBO Max announced today.
Though it’s only been a few months since Summer Camp Island’s previous season wrapped on the streaming platform, five all-new episodes further exploring the lives of the island’s magical campers are set to debut this December. We got a sneak preview this morning with special title cards.
Summer Camp Island’s expanded cast of characters, like Barb Goldberg the elf and the island’s monsters, will return. Plus, series regulars like witches Susie and Betsy will get their characters expanded on in episodes that will reveal more about their personal lives. Short as Summer Camp Island’s seasons tend to be, there’s plenty of time to catch up on the series (or give it a start if you’re a newcomer), ahead of the season five premiere on December 9.
Read more from io9:
- This New Empire Strikes Back Set Footage Is the Best Thing You’ll See Today
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal Says He Doesn’t Want to Take His Helmet Off Too Much
- It’ll Cost $6,000 to Star Wars LARP With Your Family at Disney World
- The Many Looks of Ahsoka Tano
- Star Wars: Visions Gets It
- Breaking Down Star Wars: The High Republic—Old Jedi, New Tech, and Fascinating Connections
- A Brief Guide to the Long, Ever-Changing History of How Star Wars Has Portrayed Mandalorians
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge—The 77 Most Fascinating Things We Learned on Our Trip
- The Weird History Behind Darth Vader’s Castle
- The 35 Best Star Wars Moments of the Disney Era
Summer Camp Island’s fifth season hits HBO Max on December 9.
Wondering where our RSS feed went? You can pick the new up one here.