Although V-Moda is a relatively new audio company (at least compared to AKG or Audio-Technica), they've made a name for themselves in a short amount of time. What's interesting is V-Moda didn't do it through sound quality — although by most accounts it's very good — but rather through smart design and durability. If people are using their headphones every day on public transport, an easy way to improve them is to increase the amount of punishment they can handle. That's exactly what V-Moda has done with the Crossfade line. Mario Aguilar reviewed the V-Moda Crossfade M-100, the big brother to this set, and really liked them.
Right now, Amazon's selling the white V-Moda Crossfade M-80 for $140 and the black version for $5 more. That's $60 less than a new set elsewhere, they've never been cheaper, and it's even less than open-box sales on Ebay. So pick these up, leave your expensive studio cans at home, and then throw these in your bag. Or leave them on the floor. These headphones can take it. [Amazon]
Dealzmodo gives you the upper (invisible) hand: Follow @dealzmodo
• Logitech G600 MMO Mouse ($60) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $75
• Logitech Harmony 650 Remote ($60) | Amazon via Fatwallet | Originally $80
A 12 TB External HD That Looks Like A Mac Pro ($700) | Transintl via Dealmac | Originally $1000 Absolutely not a deal. But it does look like a Mac Pro.
• Masterlock Hide-a-Key ($2.51) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $5
• Harry Potter Wand + Stickers ($4) | Hoboninja via Reddit | Originally $Knuts
• Guitar Hook ($4.05) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $10
• It's a Tarp! ($7.44) | Home Depot via Ben's Bargains | Originally $15
• Lego City Police Car ($9) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $12
Juniper Bonzai Tree ($18) | Amazon via | Originally $25 | First bonzai on Dealzmodo ever
• Fenix PD20 Flashlight ($35) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $50
• $10 Joe Rocket Motorcycle Helmet + $260 Gift Card ($270) | Motorcycle Gear via Hard Forum | Originally $270 | While $10 effectively for a helmet is awesome, you've got to spend $260 at Motorcyclegear.com and some forum kids say these helmets are really loud
• Koss ProDJ100 Headphones ($52.5) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $75
• V-Moda Crossfade M-80 Headphones ($140) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $200
• Usain Bolt SL300 Headphones ($200) | Rakuten via Edealinfo | Originally $350 | Another example of why endorsed headphones are stupid
L.A. Noire ($5) | Steam via | Originally $20 |
• Forge ($6.79) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $20
• Guild Wars 2 ($30) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $60 | Use coupon code CAGROCKS
• Harvest Moon 3D for 3DS ($30) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $40
• SimCity Pre-Order ($45) | Amazon via Fatwallet | Originally $60 | Use coupon code CAGROCKS
• 500GB PS3 ($240) | Newegg via Reddit | Originally $300
• Awesome Amazon Sale Explainer | Pastebin via Reddit
• PSN Sale | Playstation Blog via Verge
• Star Trek (2009) on DVD ($3.51) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $10
• Five-Volume History of Middle Earth by J.R.R. Tolkien ($23) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $30
25% Off Red Wing Boots. I Repeat, 25% Off Red Wing Boots
Red Wing boots, to those who covet beautiful things, are a fetishized object. They're beautiful, and they should last a lifetime with proper care. They don't go on sale too often; most of the folks you see rocking Beckmans or Iron Rangers bought them at full price. But Shoebuy has a "secret" 25% off code that works on Red Wings. That secret code is Emlmystery25. That means you will basically pay $250 for $330 shoes. Yeah, it's expensive. But it's also a screaming deal. [Shoebuy via Reddit]
Note: The code should work for everything on Shoebuy, so if there's another gem on that site, let us know.
Dumb TV → Smart TV
James, I don't know. Decide.com's engine is saying the price could rise again but considering that Newegg had this price yesterday and now it's $300 over there, I'd guess $300 is the new baseline, and $280 will become a common deal. Thanks, James!
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. We wade through virtual mall after cyber storefront to figure out what's actually a bargain. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.