14-yo Sophie Frost was trying to find shelter from a thunder storm when she dropped unconscious and fried like a bag of chips. The culprit: A lightning bolt. Thankfully, this one didn't die thanks to her iPod.
It's not the first time that this happens. Apparently iPods have a tendency to save people from lightning strikes. Like other times before, instead of killing her the bolt killed the audio player, which acted as an electricity conductor taking most of the damage for her. The British teenager was only burnt on her neck, chest, and leg. She is now being treated at Broomfield Hospital, in Chelmsford, wherever that is. Don't know, don't care, she's safe, I'm headed to Atlantic City. Bye. [The Press Association]