The best time to upgrade to a new version of Windows is during the launch window—due to Microsoft's abysmal adoption rates for new operating systems, they offer a slew of great deals on upgrade copies. Those deals are over now. But the versions for cheap were upgrade copies: if you were building a machine and installing Windows 8 on bare metal, they wouldn't work. Today, we're seeing the first significant sale on Windows 8 OEM—a full blown copy that doesn't require a previous licence. Over at Newegg, the code EMCYTZT3373 takes Windows 8 OEM down to $80. Check it out. [Newegg]
• Windows 8 OEM ($80) | Newegg | Originally $100
• Injustice: Gods Among Us ($35+shipping) | Toys R' Us | Normally $60
• Fila Skele-Toes ($20) | Woot | Originally $75
Dumb TV → Smart TV
• Samsung Galaxy Note II w/ New 2-Yr Sprint Contract ($50) | Amazon via Ben's Bargains | Originally $100
• New Unlocked HTC 8X ($350) | Groupon | Originally $400
• Nikon 1 JS w/ Kit Lens ($390) | Amazon | Originally $450
• Mac Productivity Bundle ($50) | Stack Social
See top deals.
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. We wade through virtual mall after cyber storefront to figure out what's actually a bargain. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.