You're supposed to back up your computer regularly, but it's easy to understand why many people don't, especially if their daily driver is a laptop. If you're rarely at a desk, it's fairly annoying to have to plug in an external hard drive. What you need is a simple NAS, like this Seagate Central currently on sale.
The Seagate Central isn't like a lot of NAS. There are certainly more intense NAS and enclosures out there; if you're interested in read/write rates or RAID redundancy, there are probably better NAS for you out there. But if you're simply looking to back up sans USB, its simplicity makes it one of the easiest ways to expand your storage space. Here's a review.
Right now Tiger Direct is running a pretty good sale on three different sizes of the Seagate Central, which is still a fairly new device. The sweet spot, in my estimation, is the 3TB model for $150, but you can get the 2TB for as low as $140, and there's a 4TB version on sale too—so, um, back that NAS up. [Tiger Direct]
• Sony DR-GA500 PC Gaming Audio Headset ($70.00) | Amazon | Lowest Historical Price
• SteelSeries Kana Optical Gaming Mouse ($39.99) | Amazon | Less than $1 From Lowest Historical Price
• Gerber 31-000760 Bear Grylls Survival Series, Compact Scout Knife ($8.49) | Amazon via Deals Kinja | Matches previous lowest historical price
Gaming deals by a dedicated gamer over at Kotaku's Moneysaver.
• Chaos on Deponia ($5) | Steam | Normally $20
• 2 Kurzweil Studio Monitors ($60) | Musician's Friend | Originally $100
• Sennheiser CX 280 Stereo Earphones with Volume Control ($16.50) | World Wide Stereo | Use coupon SD280X to get the lowest price we’ve seen.
Dumb TV → Smart TV
The new OS X Mavericks wallpaper in glorious 5120x2880. Download it here: http://t.co/ZghouA1szV— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) June 12, 2013
Amazon Blu-ray Steelbooks ($10)
The Lenovo Y410 with hybrid SSD/HD dropped $50 since it was our deal of the day last week.
Gonna keep posting this Nook deal until it's dead.
• 8GB Nook HD ($130) | Barnes & Noble | Originally $200
• 16GB Nook HD+ ($150) | Barnes & Noble | Originally $260
• Sony KDL46EX645 46-Inch 1080p 120HZ Internet Slim LED HDTV ($623.26) | Amazon via Deals Kinja | Lowest historical price
Ina Fried would like you to know that Microsoft's doomed dumbphone experiement, the Kin, is now a deal of the day for $25.
Just like last month.
• Lowepro Edit 140 Camcorder Case ($4.99) | NewEgg
• FREE Slurpee Lite with 7-Eleven App
• FREE Patriot Act: Repeal It Sticker | Bold Progressive
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.