Dating is hard. And instigating first-contact with a fellow humanoid can be the hardest part. Luckily, we geeks have our own special language, made up of quotes and in-jokes. Some of which makes for some excellent pick-up lines, that you can always resort to in an emergency situation.
So here are 16 classic quotes from science fiction that might possibly make good pick-up lines. Admittedly, some of these might be better than others. It depends on the situation. Use your discretion.
1) "You're going to steal ME! No, you HAVE stolen me. You ARE stealing me. Oh! Tenses ARE difficult, aren't they?" - Idris in Doctor Who, "The Doctor's Wife"
G/O Media may get a commission
iMazing iOS Backup Software
Take control of your iOS backups
This software allows you to choose your backup location, export, save, and print iMessages, individual third party app data, and restore your iPhone with ease.
2) "We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?" — Guy Montag in Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
3) "We've got to risk implosion. We may explode into the biggest fireball this part of the galaxy has seen, but we've got to take that one-in-a-million chance." — Captain Kirk in Star Trek, "The Naked Time" (Alternatively: "Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on," from "A Taste for Armageddon")
4) "Hey doll, is this guy boring you? Come and talk to me. I'm from a different planet." — Zaphod Beeblebrox in Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
5) "A fire-eater must eat fire, even if he has to kindle it himself." — Salvor Hardin in Isaac Asimov, Foundation
6) "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle. " — The T-800 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day
7) "I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to smell dark matter!" — Brother Cavil in Battlestar Galactica
8) "Are you the keymaster?" - Dana in Ghostbusters
9) "From the first moment I laid eyes on you, I could never see the end." — John Crichton in Farscape, "Bad Timing"
10) "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." — Doc Brown in Back to the Future
11) "This sounds insane, I know, but I've been dreaming about you. Even before I saw you you were in my dreams. Weird isn't it. I mean... I don't know what it means ... but it might mean something, mightn't it? I hope so. Anyway, you're in danger and I think we should get out of here." — Sam Lowry in Brazil
12) "You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: All I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more." - Morpheus in The Matrix
13) "Crewman Madison, the mist of this strange planet is filling my head with such thoughts." — Jason in Galaxy Quest
14) "You know, if you wanna get laid, you really don't have to pretend to be interested in the pyramid scan. I mean, you could just say, 'Hey, I'm trying to get laid'... Are you a robot?" — Idris Elba, Prometheus
15) " Destiny always seems decades away, but suddenly it's not decades away; it's right now. But maybe destiny is always right now, right here, right this very instant, maybe." — Brother Joshua in A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter Miller.
16) "Its time, to quote the vernacular, to Rock and Roll!" - The Beast in X-Men #1 (1991)