Hotmail, that filthy webmail service we'd secretly use for our throwaway accounts is about to turn into something we might want to use regularly. The service is getting a thorough overhaul and plenty of new features:
- A "Sweep" feature that appears to be a "hybrid of bulk actions and rules" by allowing you to apply actions to a bunch of emails at once while setting rules for future correspondences.
- Slideshows for attached images—incoming or outgoing.
- Exchange support.
- Office Web Apps that'll open attached documents right in your browser.
- The ability to play videos right in your inbox just as you can with Gmail's YouTube integration.
- Better filtering options.