This little homemade robot takes all of those impressive no-look Dragonforce-on-expert Rock Band/Guitar Hero YouTube videos and destroys them with a cold, clockwork efficiency. Updated.
Here's how it works in a nutshell:
- light sensors read the falling notes (brightness set to max)
- light data is sent to an Arduino Mega, which is monitoring for data spikes
- The Arduino filters the data, and sets a threshold for "on" and "off"
- an "on" means the tiny robot finger presses the screen
- the capacitive touchscreen requires a human touch to operate, so a rudimentary Xacto knife/copper wire workaround was created. Simply hold the knife while the robot plays, and the current is enough to trick the iPhone
The code is available for download, should you want to help the robots spread their lifeless 87% accuracy music around the globe. Update: You're right, eagle-eyed commenters. The result is in fact 87%. We're safe! [OhBowz via Boing Boing]