Unlike this CEO desk, which just looks like it's made out of LEGO but actually isn't, this LEGO desk consists only of 35,000 pieces of LEGO bricks. Some details:
* Approximately 35,000 LEGO bricks were used. This includes almost all the pieces from 32 Blue Tubs (#3033), almost 300 (!) small baseplates (8x16 studs), and 63 blue plate packs from LEGO Shop-at-Home. A few other pieces were also bought from private collectors (226 tiles so the drawers could slide, et cetera).
* The desk weighs about 120 pounds, I think. I have not actually weighed it... but I think that is close.
* About 7 pounds of glue were used. Brand: Oatey, All-Purpose (PVC, CPVC, ABS) Glue.
* The desk has the following dimensions (inches, WxHxD): 60" x 29.5" x 30".
* It has 7 working drawers (six small, one large).
* It has a folding lid in the top that conceals a hole for computer cables to drop through.
* Yes, the top is bumpy—studs up. I offered to make the top smooth, but the client specifically requested otherwise. Whatever. I also offered to build a retractable keyboard tray in the front, but that was not wanted. Nor a mosaic of the company logo on the top or sides.
* Yes, I was paid to build the desk. Don't ask how much. It was worth my time.