Praise consumerism. There's no better feeling than ripping open present and seeing what's inside. So for our Christmas Shooting Challenge, let us open gifts with you. Create GIFs, photographing a present at various stages of undress.
Make a GIF of a gift being unwrapped sequentially. The idea is to share your gift with us. Oh, and you don't have to actually do this on Christmas morning. Feel free to stage it!
You'll want a tripod. Aim it at your gift. Either set it on a time delay to take photos periodically, or unwrap the gift, take a photo, unwrap the gift more, and take another photo.
Our lead image, by flickr's peddhapati, isn't a GIF, but hopefully it puts you in the mood for some GIFt antics.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken this holiday season.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
5. Include 970px wide gif. Try to keep it 3MB or less. Bigger might not be postable.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, December 29th at 10 AM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Gift" in the subject line. Save your files as GIFs, and use a FirstnameLastnameGift.gif naming convention.