For every single Shooting Challenge, at least one or two participants include a LEGO photo. Well for this week, we give in. We're celebrating LEGO and only LEGO.
Photograph LEGO. It can be a scene of miniatures or just some artsy interpretation of the form. The only requirement is to have fun! (But seriously, you should be using LEGO for a LEGO challenge, so I guess that's technically another requirement. And really, since good art can be painful, you might NOT want to have fun with this. Your call on the fun part.)
Play. Photograph. Simple enough. But say you want to plan things out a bit more, create a scene of miniatures:
I really like this simple forum guide built for tabletop strategy miniatures. It approaches related techniques from practical, straightforward perspectives with plenty of clear illustrations. It's good stuff.
Our own Jesus Diaz photographed that lead shot in his spare time on an iPhone with instragram. Yes, dear readers, he's just as dorky as he purports to be. [Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Boba Fett figures courtesy of LEGOLAND California, which now has a LEGO Star Wars Miniland park—opening tomorrow, March 31]
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced (read more on that above).
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a 2560x1600 sized in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you're using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, April 4th at 8AM Eastern to email@example.com with "LEGO" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameLEGO.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameLEGOWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don't skip this story part because it's often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!