The World Cup is upon us, and this weekend, it comes to an end with one last match between Germany and Argentina. For this week's Shooting Challenge, we want to see your photos of this year's World Cup (even if it's just a viewing party from your couch!).
Take a photo of World Cup viewings, celebrations, fandom, etc. Anything that's World Cup—and more importantly—any photo you've taken during the 2014 World Cup (even if it was prior to this challenge being announced).
You might think, what sort of technique do you need to snap a few shots of drunken body painted people sitting at your local pub? A LOT, actually! Largely, this challenge will come down to taking excellent candid photography—capturing people in their element, in the moment.
Whether it's of friends or a stranger, do what you must to get a great photo. (But of course, you need to have permission from any subject you send in to us.)
Our lead image is from flickr's paulisson miura. Yes, he appears to have actually been at the World Cup when he photographed this Japanese super fan. But you can probably still do pretty well from native soil.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced (read more on that above).
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a natively sized image in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you're using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, July 14th at 9AM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with "World Cup" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameWorldCup.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameWorldCupWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions.