I have the 8525 and I want so much more...but it ain't coming.
What's lacking on the 8525/8925:
1. A screen that doesn't suck (min. VGA please). Make it hard glass like the iPhone.
2. Don't put 50 fricking buttons on the phone. Simple is ok...like just d-pad. Don't neuter the shit out of it like the iPhone though.
3. Enough ROM/RAM for all the pre-installed crap and basic must haves (SlingPlayer, etc.) so I can record video using camera until my 4gb sdhc is full.
4. A UI that doesn't suck so hard. 50 clicks to do anything man...sheesh. Rip some shit off from apple ok?
5. HDMI out
6. Combined headphone/mic jack that auto-senses and works as coaxial digital audio out as well.
7. Ruggedized all to hell
9. Front-facing camera
10. Non-shitty .net compact apis.
11. j2me cdc
12. Crappy/neutered browsing experience...no flash/real/applet/etc. Even basic html/js often no workee...wm6 has supposedly fixed this...but check has been in the mail before.
13. Reworking of msoft/oem layers so stacks are all pluggable and less is oem-specific and sitting "outside" of framework. This makes it impossible to write certain kinds of apps.