Although the technology behind wireless headphones is still improving, that's no reason to skip the current options if you know you want Bluetooth headphones. Some of them are pretty good. Last year Giz alum Adrian Covert tried a bunch of major Bluetooth headphones and liked the Phillipe Starck-designed Parrot Zik the best. From the review:
So it's something of a surprise that the Zik headphones are as good as they are. Not just good for Parrot, but good, period... Even with the Phillipe Starck flashiness (which can singlehandedly ruin things sometimes), the Ziks are the best looking headphones in this battlemodo. Plus, there's the capacitive touch panel on the right ear, which allows you to control playback with gestures. The NFC capabilities allow you to automagically pair with compatible Android phones, and a sensor stops playback whenever you take your headphones off. All of this adds up to an unrivaled user experience.
The Parrot Ziks are great headphones, but as most reviews noted, they're not cheap. The Battlemodo was actually testing wireless headphones under $500, because that's about the price range you need to spend to get a decent-sounding pair of wireless headphones. The Ziks are usually $400, but Amazon dropped the price down to $280 earlier today. That's an colossal price drop, and you save enough that you won't feel bad when you want next year's model. [Amazon]
Free eats, cool Tweets: Follow @dealzmodo
• Cheap HDMI Cable ($2.36) | Amazon via Amazon | Originally $5
• Amazonbasics Lightning Cable ($14) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $15 | Price drop on Amazon's official generic Lightning cable
• Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard ($55) | 1 Sale a Day via 9to5Toys | Originally $80
• 2012 Refurb Mac Mini ($510) | Apple | Originally $600
• Lord of the Rings War in the North ($12.5) | Get Games via Reddit | Originally $25
• Dishonored ($25) | Gamestop via Ben's Bargains | Originally $50 | Use coupon code 15FREE
• NBA 2k13 for PS3 and Xbox ($35) | Best Buy via Gamingaholic | Originally $50
Brooks Brothers is a classic clothing maker, and some of their cuts haven't changed in decades. However, their Black Fleece line is not classic: it debuted in 2007 and was designed by trad pariah Thom Browne. Black Fleece is a little slimmer and a little hipper than Brooks Brothers' usual offerings. The line is also USA-made and comes with some killer details, like mother-of-pearl buttons. Of course, Black Fleece sales are uncommon. But there's a shirt sale today. Check it out if you like nice things. [Brooks Brothers]
• $200 Off Dell XPS 14 + 15 Laptops | Dell | Use coupon code Q2BK?X3$7TVTWG
• 24" ViewSonic 1080p LED Monitor ($135) | MacMall via 9to5Toys | Originally $200
• Refurbished 32" Samsung 720p HDTV ($182) | Best Buy via Dealzon | Originally $250
• 65" Vizio 1080p Smart HDTV ($1005) | Woot via Ben's Bargains | Originally $1300
• 70" Sharp LCD HDTV ($2000) | Pauls TV via Edealinfo | Originally $2500
• Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hot Spot for Virgin Mobile ($84) | Virgin Mobile via The Cheapskate | Originally $110
No camera gear today.
Nothing in life is really free.
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. We wade through virtual mall after cyber storefront to figure out what's actually a bargain. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.