Resident Evil's stellar opening weekend may already have caused a fifth Evil outing to be greenlit. Star Milla Jovovich even says the next film might be crowd-sourced from the fans. So what are your ideas for a fifth Zombie/clone smackdown film? [Vulture]
- For the love of GOD, if you introduce Leon Kennedy, DON'T FUCK HIM UP! The fan base would go nuts. He's a holy grail to them in terms of their love for the series. Get him wrong, and you can guarantee they'll avoid the film like the plague.
- If you're going to source information from the games... don't just mash stuff together and hope that it sticks. How do T-Virus zombies suddenly get Las Plagas? Why was the Executor Majini just thrown into Afterlife?
- Characters! Work on them. Yes, we all love us some zombie fighting action, but give us some heroes we give a damn about. Don't throw a character from the game's name onto some cardboard cut out of a character and expect people to care about them.
- Finish off the Alice story. Sorry Mila, but your time in the Resi world has come to an end. Do this next movie as the last of the Alice stuff, and reboot the franchise with an adaptation of Resident Evil 4... and try to do things right this time.
- If it's going to be shot in 3D again, please do more of the environmental/depth stuff in terms of your shots rather than 'OOOH I'M GONNA THROW STUFF AT THE CAMERA TO REMIND YOU GUYS ITS THREE-DEE!!' stuff. It's tacky, it creates a dissonance between the film and the audience.
- Chris needs to shoryuken a giant Boulder. Into a Volcano.