Whatsapp updates are so few and far between that we should probably open a bottle of wine every time we get them. The Facebook-owned instant messenger just got another update, and if you have an iPhone, you're in for a treat.
Whatsapp on iOS now has the ability to share the slo-mo videos that you can shoot from the iPhone 5S. You can also trim clips down right in the app, which is handy. There's also support to add Snapchat-like captions to pictures and archive chats and groups. And oh, this is the first version of Whatsapp that actually works on the iOS 8 beta without crashing every 10 seconds.
Now bring on that voice calling already!
Here's the complete change log:
- Added ability to archive chats and groups
- Add captions to photos and videos
- Added fast camera access button for capturing and sending photos
- You can now share slow-motion videos (iPhone 5s only)
- You can now trim videos before sharing them
- Share Location: add support for satellite and hybrid map views when sharing a location
- Share Location: drop and drag pin lets you share a precise location
- New media auto-download preferences: Settings > Chat Settings > Media Auto-Download
- New Wallpapers: Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Wallpapers > Wallpaper Library
- New Notification tones: Settings > Notifications
- You can now attach screenshots when reporting problems