From Captain Crunch to miso soup, we all eat differently each morning. It’s highly regional. It’s remarkably personal. It’s your breakfast. For this week’s Shooting Challenge, photograph your breakfast.
Take a photo of your breakfast. And take it from overhead, like our lead shot.
Again, we want you to all photograph this from the same angle—overhead. So how do you take one of those neat photos? Here’s a tutorial. The easiest way is to use a tripod that supports a 90-degree camera angle, or to attach an extension arm.
Of course, you can always just get on a chair and stand over your food. That’s fine! But you’ll want to make sure you aren’t blocking your light source. In other words, don’t rely on overhead lighting for this challenge. Consider putting your food near a window instead.
Our lead image is by Bruce on flickr. See that overhead shot? It’s great! So universal and objective. Make me feel like a tiny god floating over your food.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken this week.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a 2560px wide image in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you’re using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, May 4th at 10 AM Eastern to email@example.com with “Breakfast” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameBreakfast.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameBreakfastWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions.