Right now Amazon's selling a 3TB Seagate desktop hard drive for $110. That brings the price per terabyte to just over $36, which is a solid price for desktop storage.
We featured a similar Seagate hard drive in 4TB form back in March and you guys loved it and it sold out quickly. (It's now selling for $30 more than the Dealzmodo price on Amazon.) This is roughly same price per TB, but in a smaller—and cheaper—package. As before, it's a pretty well-liked hard drive and it's got USB 3.0 for fast transfers. Most importantly, it's a large and cheap repository for your digital clutter.
When this post was drafted, Amazon oddly showed the price as $105, although the announced sale price is definitely $110. So perhaps you want to refresh a few times before you purchase. Still, it's $10 less than the next closest price and $20 less than you'd pay if you paid full price. [Amazon]
• 3TB Seagate Expansion HD ($110) | Amazon | Normally $120
• 3TB Seagate Expansion HD ($110) | Amazon | Originally $130 | Deal of the Day
• Shun DM0902 8" Chef's Knife ($180) | Woot | Originally $300
• 10% off Crashplan | Crashplan
• Get a Couple Smoothies for the Price of One at Jamba Juice | Jamba Juice via Deals Kinja | Use printable coupon
• FREE Torchlight [DRM free] | GOG | Works on Mac too
• Dishonored [Steam] ($16) | Gamefly | Use code GFDJUN20
• Dungeons and Dragons Definitive Collection [DRM free] ($21) | GOG | Normally $106
• Alan Wake + American Nightmare [DRM free] ($4.50) | GOG
• Really Big Sky + Runespell: Overture + Eufloria + Breath of Death VII + Cthulhu Saves the World [Steam] (~$4) | IndieRoyale
• Max Payne 3 ($10) | Newegg
• FREE Spartacus Legends | LIVE
• Klipsch Image S4i ($50) | Amazon | Originally $70
The only thing dumber than Crocs is paying full price for them. But I'm sure theres at least one chef or nurse that reads Dealzmodo and needs a cheap new pair. (Chefs and nurses get a pass on wearing Crocs in public.)
Someone was asking for leather jacket deals on Twitter. Here's a solid deal! Filson is a great heritage clothing maker. You've got to be on the bigger side, though.
• Filson Quincy Leather Pebble Jacket ($350) | Filson | Originally $600 | Only XL and XXL left
Dumb TV → Smart TV
Because Amazon lets you download MP3s when you buy a physical album, sometimes an old school $4 CD (of which there are many today) is just the ticket—you get the songs now for cheaper than just the MP3s, and then you get a shiny trinket in the mail.
• Autorip CD+MP3 Albums From The Beastie Boys to MegaDeath and Zac Brown Band ($4) | Amazon via Deals Kinja | Most are less expensive than their MP3 albums
If you run an accredited educational institution, you might be able to outfit your school with Surface RTs for $200 per. The forms down now, but supposedly the program starts on the 24th. Here's a cache: [Surface RT for schools]
Nikon rebates still going on. The best explainer is over at Wirecutter Deals. (Scroll Down) [Wirecutter Deals]
• Feast or Famine ($0) | iTunes | Originally $1
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.