The right editing can really make a video into something great. Just watch Sam and Martha's wedding. It's more beautiful than anyone remembers.
For more of this week's top comedy videos, including a look back at The Godfather and an insightful look into credit vs. debit, head on over to SplitSider.
- It was announced this week that SNL head writer Colin Jost will be replacing Seth Meyers as Weekend Update co-anchor on March 1st. Meyers's last SNL will be February 1st. To familiarize yourself with Jost's work, here's a videolist we made.
- The Greatest Event in Television History aired its last installment, with Adam Scott and Paul Rudd starring in a remake of the opening credits of Bosom Buddies.
- Comedy Central's new show, Broad City, premiered. We interviewed its stars/creators Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson and reviewed the show.
- We also interviewed the Workaholics guys, and Spoils of Babylon co-creator Matt Piedmont.
- Bill Murray did a Reddit AMA, and it was amazing.
- Bill Cosby is returning to NBC to star in a family sitcom.
- An Ice-T impersonator prank-called Ice-T impressionist Paul F. Tompkins.
- NBC renewed Parks and Recreation for a seventh season and signed a three-year development deal with Amy Poehler.
- Chris Gethard is releasing a standup album.
- We looked back at John Belushi's lost screenplay Noble Rot, the evolution of SNL's short films, and Tom Lennon and Ben Garant's screenwriting tips.
- HBO canceled Stephen Merchant's Hello Ladies and Christopher Guest's Family Tree.
- Fred Armisen is releasing 7" singles from all his fake SNL bands.
- We recommended the week's best podcasts, Tristram Baumber's web series The Cleanists, and the Twitter feed of Andrew Law.