Whether you're new to Gizmodo or a seasoned old-timer, there always seem to be some tips, tricks, guidelines, or rules that might be news to you. That's why we've put everything into one handy-dandy reference guide.
Here's how to be an amazing commenter, customize the site, and become a Gizmodo know-it-all.
- How to Create a Gizmodo Commenter Account
- How to Be a Good (and Potentially Star-Worthy) Commenter
- What to Avoid
- About Your Commenter Profile Page
- How and Why to "Heart" Your Friends
- How to Make Your Comments Look Better
- How to Use Tags in Comments
- How to Use Tagpages to Filter Content
- How to Get a Star and What to Do With It
- How to Link Your Gizmodo Commenter Account to Your Twitter Account
- What to Do If Something on Gizmodo Doesn't Work
- How to Send Us Tips
- How to Tell Us That We Screwed Up
Of course, this is by no means a final guide to Gizmodo and it will be edited as we add features or discover reader questions. So feel free to leave a note in the comments about the things which confuse you and we'll try our best to clarify them.
Thank you to Adam Harris, Tony Kaye, and the many commenters who made suggestions that helped build this guide.