And that was the week that was! Toybox's first week has been quite a success - here's a round-up of our best material from the past 7 days.
Toybox is well on its way to its 300k US Uniques target for September, racking in 102k as of yesterday. It's a great start, and it's too early to rest on any laurels yet: but sincerely, thank you for reading, and I hope you'll to continue to do so over the next few months. We've looked a lot of things this week - from dodgy tie-in cutlery to the ways children are picking up languages through video games, from Persona 5's new hero to Star Trek papercraft. Let's look back, shall we?
The Best of The Best
A veritable handful of Toybox's features and biggest stories of the week.
- We are entering an era of acceptance for 'weird' Pop Culture
- Doctor Who Cutlery is a Sonic Device too far
- The 5 Best Groot toys on sale, and 5 fan made ones that should be
- There's now a chance you can own actual bits of Pacific Rim
- These Stunning Star Wars posters can be yours this Weekend
- This week on Sailor Moon Crystal: Sailor Jupiter and Plot Conveniences
And The Best of The Rest
Not every Toybox story gets to grace the front pages of io9. Here's a few things you might have missed.
- This Ultimate Spider-Man cosplay is nothing short of incredible
- The Internet reacts to Persona 5's new hero with glorious fan art
- This Hot Toys Batman might be the burliest action figure ever
- Fans start Twitter campaign to save BBC Zombie Drama In The Flesh
- But not forgotten: How Pop Culture has memorialised its Fans and Stars
The only way to get it all though? Keep your eyes on Toybox.
You're reading Toybox, io9's new blog for all things pop culture. From merchandise to awesome fan creations, TV recaps and critical commentary on the hot topics of the day, you can find it all here!