Week 3 is done and dusted with, and Toybox has hit its first major milestone of the Recruit program. Come celebrate with a roundup of the week in all things pop culture!
It turns out all this time I was actually measuring Toybox's progress by the wrong statistic - despite everywhere on the Recruits Program literature mentioning US Uniques, Recruits are tracked by US People. No, I'm not entirely sure what the difference is either. But by either metric, Toybox officially surpassed the 300k monthly target on Thursday - and as of today, has been visited by 328k US people! I'm genuinely flabbergasted and extremely thankful for you all making Toybox's first month a huge success. Lets take this momentum into the final week of September and beyond!
In all honesty, it's been a bit of a quiet week in Pop Culture - no one was sending drones over film sets or anything! But that didn't stop Toybox covering a swathe of wonderful things, from pondering why people love seeking out spoilers, to some of the weirdest versions of Spider-Man the comics have ever seen, from awesome live-action shorts to fabulous Stormtrooper lamps. This is the week that was.
The Best of The Best
A veritable handful of Toybox's features and biggest stories of the week.
- At last, the Game of Thrones toy you've always wanted: A Joffrey Figure
- This Man officially has the biggest Doctor Who collection in the World
- The 10 most bizarre Alt-Universe versions of Spider-Man
- Redesigning the MSD of Star Trek's USS Voyager
- Get a Marvel figure with your Face - Unless you want a Female Hero
- Storyboard art from the first attempt at an X-Men cartoon is up for sale
And The Best of The Rest
Not every Toybox story gets to grace the front pages of io9. Here's a few things you might have missed.
- Parks and Rec's 'Cones of Dunshire' game is actually going to get made
- You're gonna have to wait 7 months if you want this Flash action figure
- Star Trek's latest comic crossover begins this December
- Star Wars + Steampunk + Lego might just be the Internet's purest form
- Why DC doesn't need a shared Universe
- This Aquaman-related Batman v. Superman rumour sounds totally insane
The only way to get it all though? Keep your eyes on Toybox.
You're reading Toybox, io9's new blog for all things pop culture. From merchandise to awesome fan creations, TV recaps and critical commentary on the hot topics of the day, you can find it all here!