You might've noticed some of Sam Spratt's photoshops, drawings, and illustrations on recent posts already, but we wanted to take a moment to officially introduce him to you. He's our contributing illustrator and will be sticking around for a while.
Sam Spratt is someone who has doodled and scribbled for a majority of his life, yet he made the decision to go to the Savannah College of Art and Design not because of his love for art, but because of a woman of all things. In the end though, he still wound up loving the field and made his first first oil painting about 3-4 years ago and his first digital painting about 2-3 years ago.
Since then, Spratt has won a few awards including ones from Adobe, the Society of Illustrators, and American Illustration, been commissioned by Razer to work on some art, and drawn Adam Frucci riding a space raptor.
He's also provided art for many Gizmodo posts, such as these:
- In Praise of the 3D B-Movie
- Beyond Survival: Around the World Eight Times With Les Stroud
- Move Over, Zuck: Google Founders Getting the Feature Film Treatment
- An Ode to Landlines and Desk Phones
- Ray Kurzweil Does Not Understand the Brain
- Giz Explains: What Is Liquidmetal?
- Internet Explorer Turns 15 Today
- The Top Ten Most Dangerous Things You Can Do Online
- Happy 80th Birthday to Fiddlesticks, the First Color Cartoon With Sound
- Sprint Epic 4G Review: The Best 4G Phone
- Happy 60th Birthday, Woz
- A Guide to Gizmodo
- PS3's Firmware Updates Punish the Casual Gamer
- 16 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone or iPod Touch NOW
- Yoko Says Beatles and iTunes Still Won't Come Together/a>
- Hillary Clinton: Blackberry Bans Could Infringe On Rights
- The Dark Knight iTunes Extras Gets You Blu-ray Extras Without the Blu-ray
- A Peek Inside the Mind of Dieter Rams
- How Apple's App Store Censoring Process Works
- I Am Very Sorry, Segway Stroller Lady
- Farewell Gizmodo, Sort Of
- Major Corporations Are Downloading Those 100 Million Facebook Profiles off BitTorrent
- DRM Buster FAQ: What It Means For You
- Why Did Microsoft Really Give Free Phones to Employees?
- Microsoft Devours Earnings With Record $16 Billion Revenue
- Were PC Gamers Too Good For Microsoft's Cross-Platform Gaming Project?
- Wikileaks Critic Adrian Lamo Defends Manning Decision
- Parents, Your Kids Aren't Getting High i-Dosing MP3s