Football, baseball, and hockey seasons are all in full swing. Which means one thing: Snacks. Crunchy. Gooey. Homemade. Machineborn. For this week’s Shooting Challenge, we want to see them all.
Take a photograph of a snack food.
Let me be clear: I’m not looking for shots of your half-melted KitKat held too close to your iPhone. I’m looking for photography that captures the sweet and salty of snacking in its full glory. I want to see macros of the nougat/caramel/peanut candybar strata. I want to see the glow that can only be produced by Red #5. I want you to objectify and glorify these creations. Use lights. Use macros. Make it absurd and wonderful.
Our lead shot is by flickr’s kundl and, while it’s a bit on the understated side in terms of the hyperbolic, glowing textures and saturations I’m talking about, I think it does get across the idea of, you know, SNACKING.
The Rules - READ THESE
0. No watermarks. They’re so ugly.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a native resolution sized shot in email.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, October 12 at 10AM Eastern to email@example.com with “Snack” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameSnack.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameSnackWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions. Include a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don’t skip this story part because it’s often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!