The biggest movies are spectacles that can teleport your eyeballs to another world but so much of that is done through green screens and special effects now that it’s important to note when it’s not (or when it’s done really, really impressively digitally). CineFix has come up with 10 of the coolest movie sets that actually existed in real life (or took a helluva impressive time to build).
- The Abyss’ underwater set
- Apollo 13’s Apollo 13
- Dau’s recreation of 1950’s Moscow
- The Lord of the Rings’ Hobbiton
- The Lego Movie’s Bricksburg
- Dogville’s painted walls minimalist set
- Metropolis’ city
- Cleopatra’s Roman Forum
- Batman’s Gotham City
- Waterworld’s The Atoll
SPLOID is delicious brain candy. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.