Apple TV+ series Fraggle Rock: Rock On—a series of short videos starring the franchise’s signature Fraggles navigating their subterranean, cave-dwelling lives in the era of social distancing—worked as a way to introduce to characters and their imaginative world to a new generation. Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock might look and sound like Apple’s new follow-up to Rock On, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
Whereas Fraggle Rock: Rock On put a lot of emphasis on different Fraggles’ interactions with celebrities via webcams, Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock appears to be a return to the original 1983 show’s focus on the larger world Jim Henson’s puppet creations inhabit, with Fraggles living alongside the Doozers, Gorgs, and Silly Creatures. Boober Fraggle (Dave Goelz), Gobo Fraggle (John Tartaglia), Mokey Fraggle (Donna Kimball), Red Fraggle (Karen Prell), and Wembley Fraggle (Frankie Cordero) are all present and accounted for, and seemingly living lives best described as “unbothered” and “joyful.”
From the looks of the new series, Bock to the Rock will spend a lot more time following as the Fraggles actually move through their world of caves and play important roles in one another’s lives, teaching each other (and audiences) lessons along the way.
Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock hits Apple TV+ on January 21.
Read more from io9:
- This New Empire Strikes Back Set Footage Is the Best Thing You’ll See Today
- [Review] The Suicide Squad Is How You Pull Off a Spectacular Plan B
- 10 Great Doctor Who Moments From Jodie Whittaker’s 13th Doctor
- Comics, Contracts, and Covid: Inside the Scandal at Terrific Production
- The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal Says He Doesn’t Want to Take His Helmet Off Too Much
- Who’s Who in Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop
- DuckTales Has Blown My Dang Mind
- [Review] Shang-Chi Brings Compelling New Heroes and Awe-Inspiring Action to the MCU
- The Other History of the DC Universe’s John Ridley on Giving New Voices to Legacy Characters
Wondering where our RSS feed went? You can pick the new up one here.