The much-awaited TomTom for iPhone GPS navigation app has popped up in the New Zealand App Store with a reported asking price ranging from about $81 to $125. The app price does not include the TomTom iPhone car kit. Updated.
According to MacRumors, the four-flavored app covers the U.S. & Canada, Western Europe, Australia, and, naturally, New Zealand. Pricing:
- U.S. & Canada: NZ $124.99 (US $84.41)
- Western Europe: NZ $179.99 (US $121.55)
- Australia: NZ $104.99 (US $79.90)
- New Zealand: NZ $119.99 (US $81.03)
Earlier this month, UK retailer Handtec let slip that the equally anticipated TomTom for iPhone car kit would sell for about $195. The price included the app itself, a GPS-boosting receiver, windshield mount, car charger and speakers. That news, and the perhaps premature New Zealand launch this weekend, would seem to indicate a global release is imminent.
Updated: The TomTome or iPhone app has appeared in several European App Stores, according to the latest reports at MacRumors:
Benelux: Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg and covers these three countries
- D-A-CH: offered in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and covers these countries
- France: Available only in France
- Iberia: Available in Spain and Portugal and covers Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Gibraltar, and the major islands of the Balearic and Canary Islands
- Italy: Offered in Italy
- Nordic: Available in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden and covers these four countries
- U.K. & Ireland - offered only in the U.K. and Ireland
Seems like the global deployment has begun. [MacRumors]