It goes out with a pained mumble—not quite a whisper, definitely not a bang. Today, after 50 years, Circuit City no longer exists. A moment of silence is in order.
We (and others) have already said goodbye quite a bit:
• Best Buy Says Goodbye
• Circuit City Employees' Final Words as Circuit City Employees
• Their Dignity Is Not for Sale... Well, Nevermind
• Why Circuit City Closed (According to Circuit City Employees)
• The Circle of Life: Circuit City Buildings to Become High Schools?
• A Violent Goodbye
• Best Buy Rubs Salt in Circuit City's Gaping Wound
• Why I Shopped at Circuit City (By Choice)
• Even in Death, It Managed to Screw People Over
• The Beginning of the End
Rob at BoingBoing Gadgets has this pretty sad clip of the last straggling item at his local Circuit City:
But what's one more good-bye? Leave your fondest (or most wretched) memories below. [Image: F33/Flickr]