Black Adam is DC’s next big superhero release so there was no way a star as big and connected to his fans as Dwayne Johnson was not going to show up at San Diego Comic-Con and bring something special. What he brought, besides a good chunk of his cast, was a brand new trailer for the October 21 release that dug a bit more into the story and showed a lot more of the Justice Society of America, the other group of heroes introduced in the film.
Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and Black Adam stars Johnson as well as Aldis Hodge as Hawkman, Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher, Quintessa Swindell as Cyclone, and Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate. See them all in the new footage below.
Well that’s quite the action-packed little sizzle, isn’t it? Certainly more action and effects than the first trailer from a few weeks back. However, it’s not everything that screened inside Hall H. According to the Warner Bros. press release this is merely “a portion of that Hall H footage.” The rest of the footage revealed that Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) returns in Black Adam as the person who is putting together the Justice Society of America. Why didn’t she call them in before? Hopefully, we’ll find out.
One little nugget that did happen on the panel was a fan asking Johnson if Black Adam could beat up Superman. Here’s his response.
Well, what does that mean? Is it not Henry Cavill playing Superman? Will Superman appear? If anything, it feels like it could be a post credits scene that’s left ambiguous, much like the one at the end of the first Shazam.
Nevertheless, we’ll find out soon. Black Adam opens in theaters on October 21.
Read more from io9:
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Composer Natalie Holt on Star Wars Pressure, John Williams, Loki Season 2, and More
- The Orcs of The Rings of Power Are Worse Than You’ve Ever Seen Them
- 6 Things We Loved (and 5 We Didn’t) About Stranger Things Volume 4 Part 2
- Spider-Man’s Best Cartoon is Now on Netflix
- The Bob’s Burgers Movie Shares a Moment of Unseen Hilarity in This Exclusive Deleted Scene
- 6 Shows and Movies That Do Coming-of-Age Nostalgia Right (And 4 That Don’t)
- All Our Burning Questions After Thor: Love and Thunder
Want more io9 news? Check out when to expect the latest Marvel and Star Wars releases, what’s next for the DC Universe on film and TV, and everything you need to know about House of the Dragon and Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.