Hello, new readers! Welcome to Gizmodo.
Many of you are probably here because of the lost Apple iPhone 4 saga. Perhaps another big news brought you to our pages or maybe some of you are reading these lines just because someone sent you a Gizmodo story they liked.
Well, there's a lot more than the article you just read. A lot more.
At Gizmodo—or, "Giz" for short—we love technology, we love gadgets, we love science, we love all kind of toys big and small. We love beautiful and smart design, we love architecture that you dream of living and working in, aircraft that fly at three times the speed of sound, spaceships that reach every corner of the solar system, sleek vessels that sail across Earth's oceans, geek culture, science-fiction, and all things weird and wonderful that geeks would love.
And we love to write about all those things. Here's a brief list of stories, big and small, that show who we are:
Visualization and Infographics
• Tallest Skyscraper In the World Almost Completed
• $5,000 Paper House is the World's Swankiest Hobo Pad
• Nakagin Capsule Tower Looks to Be From the Future But Probably Won't Make It There
• More Architecture
Food and Technology
How To Guides
• Giz Explains Why Every Country Has Different Plugs
• Giz Explains: Why You Can't Get Decent Earphones for Less Than $100
• Giz Explains: Why HTML5 Isn't Going to Save the Internet
• More GIz Explains
Complete Technical Guides
Weird and Wonderful Things
• The Most Accurate, Highest-Rez Earth View to Date
• Hubble Finds Unidentified Object in Space, Scientists Puzzled
• Hubble Detects Mysterious Spaceship-Shaped Object Traveling at 11,000MPH
• More Space
• Apple iPad Review: Understanding the iPad Design and Understanding the iPad Software
• Dyson Air Multiplier Review: Making a $300 Fan Takes Cojones
• Barnes & Noble Nook Review: Pretty Damn Good
More Hardware Reviews
Events: Gizmodo Galleries
• Virtual visit to the Gizmodo Gallery 2008
• Can the World's Most Powerful Flashlight Light My Cigarette
• ArcAttack: Lightning-Proof Musicians Share Their Tesla Coil Secrets
• More Events: Gizmodo Galleries
And finally, we are proud of our commenters. The best ones add priceless content, insight, and humor to our posts. If you want to join the club, sign up for a commenting account automatically by "sharing" a comment in the box below.